Canon PIXMA iP1980 is an inkjet printer which brings you many features. The result for the output is also amazing because it has high resolution up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. That is for color text or photo. While for the mono text, the resolution is 600 x 600 dpi. Using the best ink cartridge technology, the printer will give you magnificent result. Photo printing will have sharp color. This will suitable for you who likes photo printing so often.
Like Canon PIXMA MG3640 & Canon PIXMA E500, the printer Canon PIXMA iP1980 can print borderless photo. Any kind paper size that can be printed on is letter, legal, A4, envelopes, etc. The inkjet printer of course has maximum speed. Printing black or color document will only need 21 ppm at average. USB port is available for you to connect it to the PC, laptop, or gadget, to transfer and choose the data you want to be printed out.
The support operating system for the printer is Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, and Mac OS. Canon adds detector to detect remaining ink, presence of paper, temperature, and print head alignment. The Canon PIXMA iP1980 like the other series after it saves power consumption. The dimension is 442 x 237 x 152 inch. The slim design will help you to put it everywhere.
Canon PIXMA iP1980 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA iP1980 Specification
|Maximum Resolution (dpi)||4800(horizontal) x 1200(vertical)|
|Print head / Ink|
|Smallest Ink droplet size||2pl|
|Ink||PG-830 (Pigment Black), CL-831 (Dye C/M/Y)
Optional ink cartridge: PG-40 (Pigment Black), CL-41 (Dye C/M/Y)
|Ink Capacity Standard(approx. figure)|
|Color Document||PG-830: 215 sheets / CL-831: 206 sheets||Optional ink cartridge: PG-40: 327 sheets / CL-41:303 sheets|
|Photo (4″ x 6″)||PG-830: 1215 sheets / CL-831: 79 sheets||Optional ink cartridge: PG-40: 2110 sheets / CL-41:112 sheets|
|B/W document (Plain paper/New pattern)||21 ppm (A4 fast mode)|
|Color (plain paper/New pattern)||17 ppm (A4 fast mode)|
|Photo(A4, 8″x10″ image)||Standard : approx. : 120 sec|
|Photo(4″x6″, borderless)||Standard : approx. 55 sec|
|Paper Size (Cut paper)||A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes(DL, COM10), 4″x6″, 4″x8″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″|
|Rear tray (Plain paper)||Approx. 100|
|Dimensions||442 x 237 x 152mm (W x D x H)|
|Power Source||AC100-240V 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: 1.0W
Canon PIXMA iP1980 Driver & Software Installations
Manual instruction to install Canon PIXMA iP1980 Driver
As if you are about to use the printer, you have to set up the printer driver properly with all these steps below on your Windows operating system.
- The installation process of Canon PIXMA iP1980 can be started whenever the download is completed and you are ready to start the setting up. The first step, just clicks and open the file directory where you save the downloaded file. The driver file name commonly ends with .exe.
- Double-click on the driver file or you can right-click on it to choose ?run as administrator? and then wait for several minutes while the driver files of Canon PIXMA iP1980 is being extracted. After the file extraction is done, just follow the next installation steps.
- The installation of software program will begin to set the Canon PIXMA iP1980 driver software package up and just do the following instruction shown on the computer screen to finish the setting.
- After done the following instruction, your Canon PIXMA iP1980 printing device is ready to be used.
Manual Instruction To Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP1980 Driver
To uninstall the Canon PIXMA iP1980 printing device from your Windows operating system, make sure you are following these steps below.
- Click the start menu on your Windows screen.
- Click on control panel icon or simply type ?control panel? down on the search column. There would be several icons there, and then click once below the ?programs? menu named ?uninstall an application?.
- On the list of installed application, search the Canon PIXMA iP1980 computer driver which is to be removed or simply type the application on search column.
- Double-click on the icon of Canon PIXMA iP1980, and then click uninstall/change. To complete the uninstallation process, simply follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
Driver Download Or Installation Process For Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP1980 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can have differed depend on upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP1980. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for Windows XP or Windows 8 is not much different way.
|iP1980 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11||18 MB||Download|
|iP1980 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||18.104.22.168||17 MB||Download|
|CUPS Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6||10.26.0||9.9 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5||7.5.0||7.2 MB||Download|
|iP1980 series Printer Driver (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/Vista64)||2.20||11 MB||Download|
|iP1980 series Printer Driver (Windows 8.1/8/Vista/XP/2000)||2.20||10 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32-bit)||2.20||10 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module For Windows 7 (32 x64-bit)||2||30 MB||Download|
|Debian Linux Printer Driver For Linux (32-bit)||3.0||7.7 MB||Download|
|RPM Linux Printer Driver For Linux (32-bit)||3.0||7.7 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Windows XP (64-bit)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.4.1||711 KB||Download|
|Solution Menu (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1a||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.4.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program For (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|iP1980 series User Manual (Mac)||1.00a||18 MB||Download|
|iP1980 series User Manual (Windows)||1.00||8.3 MB||Download|
|Printer User Guide||1.0||6 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP1980 Full Driver & Software Package Free Download
Good news from the owner of sites Canon Printer Support, thus those who look for the download link for all in one printer driver and full software of Canon PIXMA iP1980, the download link is accessible , and no worry for broken link as any link for any platform works properly. While downloading the software, to ensure that there is nothing wrong while using Canon PIXMA iP1980, you need to pay attention toward the installation or download User Manual below.